Your event matters.
Sometimes it is the little things that can make a difference in someone’s life. Here are a few ideas I have put together to hopefully encourage event planners as you plan an event to encourage others for God’s glory.
Find Your Why
Why are you putting on this event? An event with the greatest eternal impact flows from the pursuit of God’s glory and the desire to serve Him and His people.
Prepare the Way
Prayer prepares the hearts of your attendees and also provides protection for the planning committee. Pray for your event months in advance. Here is a free download with prayer suggestions.
Details, details! Here is a 10-step women’s retreat planner from group.com.
Need forms? Here is a link for free downloadable forms you can use.
It’s All About The Food
Ok, it isn’t, but there is something about nourishing our participant’s bellies that nourishes their souls, too. Here are some resources to help you provide food that adds a special element of fun.
Food planning – Menu ideas, recipes, etc.
There are a lot of resources available on Pinterest and the world-wide-web. Below are a few that I found to make it convenient for you.
Decorating for Themes
Sometimes the speaker might have a list of topics to choose from, or perhaps the women’s ministry at your organization has a topic near to their heart. These are great starting places for getting a theme for your women’s event. Once you have secured an idea in mind, there are scores of websites that offer decorating ideas. Below are a couple.
Here is a link to a page with a lot of different decorating ideas.
Use a resource like CTA, which offers discounted items by theme.
Sometimes extra things can bust budgets. Here are some simple additions that can go a long way in making your event just a little more special and memorable, without increasing the cost substantially.
Proverbs 18:16 (NIV)
“A gift opens the way and ushers the giver into the presence of the great.”
What if a gift can help usher women into the presence of God? The gift does not need to be lavish, but a little thought behind the gift can help to increase the impact of the gift.
- Budget consideration: Have the ticket cost offset the gift bags.
- Give each participant a bag with goodies, possibly including:
- Book from speaker
- Bottle of water
- Have the ladies make a sugar scrub then use it. Or make the sugar scrub ahead of time and place it in a gift bag for them.
- Pampering – foot washing or makeover or manicures/pedicures.
- Mission – have the ladies work on a project together to benefit the community or a mission.
- Set aside time for a devotion and craft time – have the ladies make something from clay while they listen to a teaching.
- Small group breakout sessions.
- Here is a link to interactive events that are packed with kingdom purposes.
- Print off candy bar wrappers with your theme and tape them around the candy bars.
- Make and laminate book marks with the theme design and scripture verse.
- A little DIY can go a long way. Print or create decorations for tables.
Invite Denise to Speak
Psalm 45:1 (Jubilee Bible 2000)
“My heart is overflowing with a good word; I speak of the things which I have done concerning the king; my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.”
God has filled my heart to overflowing with messages to encourage others through the deepest valleys we face in this life. I would love to come serve for your event and partner with you as you seek to host an event that will transform lives for God’s glory. As you invite me to your event, I want you to know that:
- I am humbled by this privilege and will do everything I can to surpass your expectations.
- My goal is to partner with you to see how we can make your event the best it can be.
- I will be accessible to help and clothe the event in prayer.